My commitment to advocacy in the Federal Election year of 2019 is clear. As President I will push CMA's represention of doctors and our patients, to:
- Become a fighting force on Pharmacare, slicing through the red tape and taking on the lobby groups which prevent this from becoming a reality.
- Advocate for a government that believes in reconciliation and wants to actively build a healthy partnership with indigenous communities.
- Ask for commitments to ensure the next government will protect and care for the people who protect us – Canada’s veterans, RCMP and active Armed Forces.
- Establish a federal commitment to resources and coordination throughout the youth mental health sector.
- Ask for a respectful, consultative relationship with the government, and avoid examples like the 2018 tax changes.
- Work with the 2019 Government of Canada to prevent seniors from living in hospital beds.
Policy Posts – Election 2019
- A CMA President who Understands Learners: Solutions to the Problems!
In this post I want to tell you a story. It is one that talks about my values, where I put my energy and how that matters. As I run [… read more]
- Four questions answered in HealthyDebate.ca
1) Parents who don’t want to have their children immunized are… …as deserving of our care as anyone else. Of course, we ought to emphasize the personal and public benefits [… read more]
- Recent interview about my Candidacy in The Medical Post – by Dr. Sunny Malhotra
I recently had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Darren Larsen. He is Chief Medical Information Officer at OntarioMD, and a candidate the position of President Elect Nominee of the [… read more]
- Politics and Physicians
It seems like every day last week, Ontarians woke up to news of another political career imploding. It is an interesting time in Ontario politics, as we look to a [… read more]
- Leading a Modern CMA
Every organization calls itself “innovative” these days. None wants to be seen as stuck or old. Disruption and Innovation have become buzzwords. CMA does not fall into this category. It [… read more]
- My Promise to Medical Students, Residents and New Graduates
Supporting Medical Students, Residents and New-in-Practice Physicians is incredibly important to me. I have a long history of being by your side in my teaching practice, bolstering your OMSA leaders [… read more]
- The Small Business Tax Issue
The federal Finance Minister has announced his second attempt at reforming Canada’s tax system, specifically the rules around private corporations and those reforms came into effect January 1st. There’s no [… read more]